The Aventura Library is located exactly on 2930 NE 199th St, just off US1.
Libraries serve as a public gathering of information, and the Aventura Library is no exception.
AREA: 1200 SQ FT
MATERIALS: 7,000lb Stainless Steel & Fiberglass Hybrid
This Vertical Garden is huge! This monstrosity comes in at a whopping 1200 square feet of green epicness! This is amongst the largest Green Living Wall in South Florida, but also serves as a testimony of the progress towards a Greener, Cleaner, and Healthier Miami being made by Miami-Dade County.
The Aventura Green Wall is the first vertical garden to installed for the Miami-Dade government. The Market is ripe for change and its approach to green living. Green Living Walls can lead this way forward into a better future.
Plants: 4,000 6in Wart Ferns
The County government requested one for one type of plant to inhabit the Living Wall. The specific specimen of the plant is the Wart Fern. The greenery here absolutely changes the façade of the wall. An otherwise plain and simple wall is now alive, dynamic, and beautiful. Green Living Walls create a living space that accommodates to its occupants and breathes life into it.
he Aventura Green Wall is just a step in the right direction. This is an example to people to combat the harmful effects of pollution. Both government and private enterprises should do more to integrate the green world into the indoor. Plants in where people work have shown to improve air quality and even productivity. Plants are amongst the solutions we have to ease the problems we experience living in an urban environment.
THE ENVIRONMENTAL RETURN
- Plants soak up carbon from the air, therefore making the air cleaner and healthier.
- A proliferation of plants means a healthier environment.
- Many studies have show property value increases with the Green Living Walls integrated into the property.
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
- The Aventura Library took a plain and empty wall and beautified it.
- The Green Wall space now makes a great study area and community gathering.
- Students are now more productive, as studies have shown Green Living Walls to improve productivity.